Underground Modular Stormwater Storage
MODULAR SYSTEM OVERVIEW
R-Tank stormwater modules provide an efficient and versatile underground stormwater storage system to assist with stormwater detention, infiltration and rainwater harvesting applications. With 95% void space, this system will allow you to reduce your underground stormwater storage system footprint to resolve utility conflicts or free up space for a future expansion. Due to the patented design of the system, it is one of the most efficient systems on the market and is a cost-effective alternative to stormwater basins and other underground systems.
Five different module configurations (LD, HD, SD, UD & XD) provide module options from 2” to over 7’ tall. In addition, R-Tank delivers support for HS-20 and HS-25 traffic loads, with cover depths ranging from 6” to over 16’.
A critical component of any R-Tank design is the geotextile fabrics used to wrap the tanks. The fabrics used can change the application. For instance, R-Tank can be designed to discharge the stormwater runoff into a drainage system, release the stormwater back into the ground, or contain the water for future use.
Specifications, case studies, installation instructions, maintenance guides, drawings and more can be found below.
- high-capacity (95% void space) and high-strength
- offers HS-20 and HS-25 support for traffic loads (with cover depths from 6″ to over 16′)
- modular design allows for easy installation in most footprints
- increased infiltration and ex-filtration
- lightweight and quick to install
- permanent and maintainable storage volume
- can be pre-assembled or easily assembled on-site
HYDROCAD STORMWATER MODELING SYSTEM
R-Tank systems can be easily modeled with the HydroCAD® Stormwater Modeling system, allowing simplified analysis of the system’s behavior in a drainage and stormwater management system. HydroCAD includes custom rating curves for these devices, which can be used with the “special outlet” capability to easily define the device’s stage-discharge characteristics. Click HERE for details.
RELEVANT BLOG POSTS
- Underground Stormwater System Design with Maintenance in Mind (covers pre-treatment, capture systems, backup plans, access to maintenance areas and why the R-Tank maintenance process is an advantage)